1.Humanities, Social Sciences Education, Development Third Sector Role.
Publisher: Nama Foundation
Publication type: Electronic
Frequency: Twice a year
Journal website: www.nijed.org
Editorial correspondence should be addressed to:
Nama International Journal of Education and Development
Level 13, Menara Tokio Marine Life, No. 189, Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone: +603-2181 6646
NAMA International Journal of Education and Development (NIJED) is a scholarly journal that is dedicated to contemporary issues in education and development, particularly in the developing world. As an Open Access journal, it will publish articles from all over the world that conform to the journal’s objectives and policies. However, without derogating from that aspiration, the journal will also serve as a platform for the publication of research and learning that is supported by NAMA Foundation. The areas include the role of education in the development of nations; development of education; education in the knowledge economy; technology in education; access, equity, and youth issues; privatization and commercialization of education and education for the changing world, the role of the third sector in education, plus the social enterprise development.
A Third Sector Force Supporting Education and the Civil Society
At NAMA Foundation, as we envision becoming the leader in grants for sustainable development, we also nurture research and publication, engaging with intellectuals and academics from all over the world. As a Third Sector force, we are committed to journals that are widely recognized and have an impact and purpose in education and civil society. NAMA is also about discovering more about the empowerment of the education sector and capacity building of the civil society.
Our journal aims to monitor, protect and educate the community to value education and the Third Sector’s role in education.
NAMA also strives to inspire others by providing innovative solutions that will enable our society and economy to progress. We believe that this will be achieved by supporting our scholars and researchers to publish in prestigious journals within and across our research themes.
Readers are invited to explore the themes and stories highlighted in our journal.
Dr. Saleh Mubarak Saleh Bazead, Yemen
K Menon, Malaysia
Dr. Halimah Awang
NAMA Foundation takes its role as publisher seriously. We encourage and will demand the best standards of publication ethics from everyone involved – editors, reviewers, and authors.
These guidelines are instituted to show transparency in our practices and measures against malpractices in publication.
- Our editors will be accountable for everything published in this journal. This means that they will ensure the objectives of the journal are always held in priority together with the needs of authors and the readers of the journal. They will ensure the quality of the material that is published and constantly seek to improve the quality of the articles that appear in the journal;
- They will support the fundamental freedom to publish without censorship, but at the same time ensure that no laws against the state or individuals are breached. They will not compromise intellectual and ethical principles to favor colleagues or any external interests;
- They will publish corrections, clarifications, apologies, and retractions whenever needed to maintain the ethical standards of the journal.
The Editorial Board
The editorial board will be made up of specialists in the fields published by the journal. The editorial board shall have sole right to determine the selection of articles for publication. They will decide on the selection of articles applying criteria such as relevance to researchers and readers, the objectives of NAMA Foundation, and copyright and other laws.
Role and Duties of Reviewers
Reviewers will be experts in the field/s being reviewed. They will assist the editors in making editorial decisions and through the editorial board assist the author in improving the paper if required. There will be no direct communication between reviewers and authors and all communication must be through the editors.
Duties of Authors
- Original research with accurate data gathered (if any) must be reported.
- The submitted paper must have sufficient information and references to allow others to replicate the research.
- Ensure that the submitted paper is their original work. If the works, words or ideas of another author appears in their work or, if the submitted work is based on the work of another or influenced by another, these other works must be appropriately acknowledged and cited.
- Disclose any financial or other support given by anyone to help the research or completion of the paper.
- Authors must not submit or publish same research or manuscripts in more than one journal or primary publication.
- We adopt a zero-plagiarism policy. Authors must exercise care to ensure their works do not violate plagiarism principles.
- Authors must name as authors and co-authors any person who have made a significant contribution to the paper. Those who have participated in any aspect of the research should be listed as contributors. All co-authors should have seen and approved the final version of the paper and have agreed to its submission for publication. Written approval must be forwarded to the editor.
- If after submission, the author spots a significant error or inaccuracy in the work he/she must immediately inform the editor of the error or the inaccuracy and ensure that appropriate action is taken to correct the error or retract the paper.
- The journal is freely available online. Authors are required to agree with this open access policy which enables unrestricted access and reuse of all published articles. The articles are published under the Creative Commons copyright license policy CC-BY.
Authors, including any co-authors submitting an article to the journal confirm they have read all conditions for publication and have agreed to those conditions.
The language of the manuscript must be in English (either UK or US version but not a mixture of both). All submitted papers will be written in the APA format.
2.Length of paper
The length of the paper should be between 3500 to 7500 words. Papers containing more than 7500 words will be returned to the author(s) to abridge. Articles should be typed in double-space (including footnotes and references) on one side of the paper only (A4 size) with wide margins. All submissions must be made through a Microsoft Word document.
Title page is a separated page before the text. It should include the following information:
The title should be concise and informative. Try to avoid abbreviations and formulae where possible.
Author’s names and affiliations
Please indicate the given name and family name clearly. Present the authors’ affiliation addresses (where the actual work was done) below the names. Indicate all affiliations with a lower-case superscript letter immediately after the author’s name and in front of the appropriate address. Provide the full postal address of each affiliation, including the country name, and, if available, the e-mail address, and telephone number of each author.
Clearly indicate who is willing to handle correspondence at all stages of reviewing, publication, and also post-publication. Ensure that telephone numbers (with country and area code) are provided in addition to the e-mail address and the complete postal address.
If the research is sponsored or supported by an organization, please indicate it.
A concise and factual abstract is required (maximum length of 150 words). The abstract should state briefly the purpose of the research/study, the principal results and/or major conclusions. An abstract must be able to stand alone. References should therefore be avoided, but if essential, they must be cited in full, without reference to the reference list.
Immediately after the abstract, provide a maximum of 8 keywords, avoiding general and plural terms and multiple concepts (avoid, for example, ‘and’, ‘of’).
6.Table and Figures
Present tables and figures at the end of the article. Please note that the article will be published in black and white.
Author(s) should follow the latest edition of APA style in referencing. Please visit www.apastyle.org to learn more about APA style