What is NAMA Fund Program?
NAMA Fund is an interest-free Convertible Loan program that was established especially to aid those who have strong motivation to pursue Bachelor, Master and Doctoral at a higher level. NAMA Fund is intended to encourage the creation of competitive national human resources marked by graduates of Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degrees. In turn, this competitive human resource is expected to be a multiplier effect in solving social problems.
NAMA Fund aims to achieve five main objectives:
- Empower the education sector of the countries of focus;
- Provide opportunities to national human resources who want to continue their studies to Bachelor, Master or Doctoral level;
- Increase the capacity of qualified national human resources and contributing to improving the competitiveness of the nation;
- Increase the role and contribution of selected human resources in supporting the goal of poverty alleviation and being a person of character and providing benefits to the nation;
- Supply the Community in the countries of focus with the outstanding future leader that serve the nation and the Ummah.
NAMA Fund 2019 Application is Now Open!
For more information, please reach our Program Partners in respective countries.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is NAMA Fund?
NAMA Fund is NAMA Foundation’s initiative to provide access to quality education for eligible youths in its countries of focus. NAMA Fund is an interest free convertible loan offered to outstanding and deserving individuals to pursue their study in impactful fields.
NAMA Fund aims to achieve four main objectives:
- To provide education access to empower countries of focus;
- To Increase the capacity of qualified human capital to improve the competitiveness of the country;
- To empower local human capital to develop future leaders and to serve the country;
- To support poverty alleviation and benefiting the country;
NAMA Fund is a convertible loan which the final loan repayable by the student will be based on the final CGPA. Every NAMA Fund recipient is required to sign an agreement with NAMA’s Implementing Country Partner. Repayment will be collected by NAMA’s Implementing Country Partner and will start 3-6 months after completion of study. Upon breaching of contract or incomplete course of study, end beneficiary is required to pay the full amount that have been disbursed.
Who are eligible to apply?
- Citizen of NAMA’s implementing country partner
- Applicable for a full-time study only
- Obtained Letter of Offer from NAMA’s appointed academic institution
- Obtained at least A-Level with 80/100 mark or grade A- or diploma CGPA 3.50 (on a 4.00 grading scale) or equivalent
- Not exceeding 25 years of age upon application
- Total duration of studies not exceeding 4 year/8 semesters
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree CGPA 3.50 (on a 4.00 grading scale) or equivalent
- Not exceeding 35 years of age upon application
- Total duration of studies not exceeding 2 years/4 semesters
- Obtained Master’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 3.50 (on a 4.00 grading scale) or equivalent in the field of intended Doctoral study
- Not exceeding 40 years of age upon application
- Total duration of studies not exceeding 4 years/8 semesters
What are the areas of studies offered?
- Political Science
- Local Government
- International Relations
- Media and Mass Communication
- Public Management
Other areas of studies will not be considered
What are the appointed academic institutions in 2019?
- University of Indonesia
- University Dar es Salaam
- University of Dodoma
- University of Morogoro
- University of Sumait
- University of Zanzibar
- Kyrgyz National University
- Kyrgyz State University of Construction, Transportation and Architecture
- Bishkek Humanities University Karasaeva
- Kyrgyz State Academy of Law
- International University “ALA-too”
- Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Kyrgyz Economic University
- OSH State University
- Bishkek Academy of Finance and Economics
- Eastern University named Mahmud Kashgari-Barskani
- Talas State UniversityDiplomatic Academy of MFA KR
What does NAMA Fund offer?
NAMA Fund Indonesia
- Admission fee
- Tuition fee
- Book allowance
NAMA Fund Kyrgyzstan
- Tuition fee
NAMA Fund Tanzania
- Tuition fee
Can students who already received other scholarship apply?
NAMA Fund applicants will not be considered should they have already received a scholarship before. NAMA Fund students are not allowed to accept other scholarship
When will NAMA Fund application results be announced?
Within two (2) to three (3) weeks after the closing date of application
How is the selection process conducted?
Selection will be conducted through our Program Partners in respective countries. Assessment will include interview session and may include a short presentation on the research proposal.
Candidates will only be notified should the application be successful.
What is the documentation to be prepared for application?
Our implementing program partner will communicate with you on the documents needed as per University requirements. Some additional documents may be requested with time.
How will the disbursement of NAMA Fund be made?
Disbursement will be made after all the documentation processes are completed and students has successfully registered into the University. Disbursement will be made by NAMA’s implementing program partner directly to the University.
What is the repayment scheme?
Repayment will be determined based on FINAL academic achievement of students. Repayment term will be in 5 years, 20% repayment annually based on final percentage loan. Repayment will be collected by NAMA’s Implementing Country Partner and will start 3-6 months after completion of study.
|Master – Coursework||Master & PhD – Research|
|Result (CGPA)*||Percentage (%) Loan Repayment||Result (CGPA)*||Percentage (%) Loan Repayment||Result||Percentage (%) Loan Repayment|
|3.50 – 4.00||0||3.50 – 4.00||0||3.00 – 4.00||0|
|3.30 – 3.49||10||3.30 – 3.49||10||≤2.99||50|
|3.00 – 3.29||30||Fail||100||Fail||100|
*based on 4.00 CGPA; if the courses offered a different mode of CGPA, the student needs to convert it into 4.00 CGPA
How to Apply for NAMA Fund?
The application can be made through our program partner in each country.